Friday, August 4, 2017

#thefridayfour




It's Friday!  It's Friday!  It's the end of the week and the last day!  You know what that means!  It's time for The Friday Four!  Here are mine....what are yours?

1.  What went well this week?

I led an AMAZING G-Suite training this week at a local charter school who is freshly going Google! This group of educators was brand spanking new to Google and all that's in the G-Suite.  I was able to show them how to log in to their drive, Docs, Slides, Forms and Sheets.  I shared several different add-ons and extensions that they thoroughly enjoyed!  The feedback that I received after the training was really positive and I can't wait to see how this group of educators takes off with Google this year!

2.  What can I do better next week?

Next week, I'm looking to cross some things off of my to do list and tie up some loose ends.  I have a few work ideas/work projects that I am excited to work on and check off my list!  Time management will definitely play into this!

3.  Who or what did I affect in a positive way this week?

I'm going to refer back to question #1!  Training 20-ish educators on G-Suite filled me up!  I loved reading through all of the feedback at the completion of the training!
When asked what part of the training, participants found most valuable, here are a few of their responses:

"How to not only create documents but also how to have students the ability to become interactive by using google classroom."
"How to access cheat sheets and a general one-stop resource."
"Assignments in Google Docs adding and grading them from the classroom."
"Everything!"
"The stream page on Google helped me to streamline what I was already doing on Google."


4.  What is something I did professionally for myself?

This week, I reached out to one of my Google idols to pick his brain out about some things!  He is so inspiring and when we got off of the phone he had me feeling like I could change the world! For him to not only respond to my inquiry, but take time out of his day to talk to me on the phone was really appreciated!  I am truly blessed that he is a part of my professional learning network!




2 comments: