Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Courageous Edventures Challenge - Day 3




Today's #courageousedventures Challenge was to spend an hour on educational technology YouTube playlists.  I spent some time on the YouTube channels of Tony Vincent, EdTechTeam and Teacher's Tech (Jamie Keet).  You definitely want to search for all of these on YouTube and follow their channels as they offer a TON of educational technology information, how to videos, tutorials, etc. You could really fall into the YouTube "time suck" with these channels!

Tony Vincent in the man behind the website, Learning in Hand.  You definitely want to check that out as well!  He is chalk full of all kinds of information from creating your own avatars, to using emojis, all kinds of web 2.0 information and everything else in between!  You can find a ton of videos on his website, but his YouTube channel also provides a lot of great videos as well.  I love the ease of his videos and how when he teaches you something, he goes step by step.


EdTechTeam is another channel that I spent some time on today.  I love this channel because there are so many different "presenters" of information that you get to gain a ton of different perspectives and you are able to learn a lot of information from a lot of different people all across the world!  I may be a little partial to this channel because I was able to present at the Best Year Yet Virtual Summit last month!  I blogged about it when it happened and I am still in awe that I was given the opportunity to present alongside some of my educational technology idols!  I digress....this channel is definitely one that you need to check out and subscribe to for all kinds of ideas!  Here you can find live author chats, demo slams, recorded webinars, etc!


The last YouTube channel that I explored today was one called Teacher's Tech and Jamie Keet is the man behind the channel.  He pretty much walks you step by step through different educational technology tools and resources. His videos are really simple and streamlined.  I like that he makes all of the content simple and easy to understand to the point that you could follow along with him and do what he's doing at the same time.  He has playlists for EVERYTHING!!!  His tutorials are Google and MAC heavy and that works for me, because so am I!  Like the two previously mentioned channels, subscribe to this one as well!  


I loved being able to explore different educational technology YouTube channels.  I heard recently, at a conference, that people are relying more heavily on learning how to do things via YouTube rather than looking for the information on Google.  With the videos that these three channels have created, I can definitely see this being true.  About a year ago I was putting together a piece of IKEA furniture for my mother and instead of reading their instructions, I found someone on YouTube that had put the same piece of furniture together and followed along with them!  If we do that for our day to day activities, like putting furniture together, then why not for learning how to better incorporate technology into our classrooms?

There you have it!  Day 3....DONE!  What YouTube channels did you explore today?





No comments:

Post a Comment