Sunday, November 19, 2017

Courageous Edventures Challenge - Day 7





Today is the last day of the Courageous Edventures Challenge!  I made it!!!  Today's challenge asked that we decide on a problem of practice that we'd like to tackle, to try something new and to aim big!  I think that One of the problems that I see that exists in the district that I teach in, is that we have access to sooooo much technology.  Not just physical technology, like laptops, ipads, etc, but all of the tools that are out there.  I think that we present our teachers with so much, that they can become overwhelmed and even shut down at times.  I think that we, as educators, try to do everything and do everything well.  What we need to realize is that we can definitely do anything, BUT we can't do everything!  This is hard for educators because we want to be the best at everything that we do all the time!

Through reading Courageous Edventures and doing a lot of research over the past 7 days, I think the solution to this that I would like to attempt to put into practice is to put together an official Playdate!  For those of you that haven't heard of these Playdates, they stand for "People Learning and Asking Y: Digital Age Technology Exploration.  Jennie and some of her colleagues came up with this innovative idea in which teachers are exposed to a lot but have the choice to decide what they want to play with for that day!  I mentioned the idea to my Executive Director and she is excited about the possibility of bringing Playdates to our district!  So, I've aimed big.  Now for the planning to begin.  Time to figure out all of the details, the who, what, when, where, why and how!  I'm up for it and I'm excited to give teachers time to play!  No lesson plans, no staff meetings, no requirements, just time to play.

What problem of practice have you identified that you'd like to solve?


No comments:

Post a Comment