Thursday, February 22, 2018

Keep on Keeping On!


Google Keep is one of my FAVORITE Google Apps in the world!  Although it's my favorite, I feel like it's one of the most under used tools located in the G Suite. Like other Google Apps, I love that I can access my Keep Notes on my laptop, desktop and my phone.  I can begin a Note on my laptop and see all of the updates in real time on my phone, etc.  It's a no brainer!  I use it for EVERYTHING!!!
  • Grocery lists
  • Blog post ideas
  • Goals
  • Things to check out
  • To do lists
  • Recipes I want to cook
  • A list of my go to vitamins
  • Appointments I need to make
  • Accomplishments
You can access Keep by going to keep.google.com.  Once you're there, you will have to log in to your Google account.  You will then have the ability to "Take a note."


Below is a quick view and description of the anatomy of a Keep Note:


  1. Give your Note a title.
  2. Start typing your Note.
  3. Pin your Note to the top of your Keep app list.
  4. Set a reminder. You can literally set a reminder that will send an alert to your phone when you pass your local grocery store on the way home from work to pick up a gallon of milk.  GENIUS!
  5. Add collaborators to your Note.  Great if you have other people that need to work on a share list/note.
  6. Change the color of the background of your Note.  Maybe you want to make all of your to do lists green, or all of your grocery lists blue, etc.
  7. Add a picture to your Note.
  8. Archive your Note.  This will remove it from your main Keep dashboard but you will still be able to access it through the Archived tab.
  9. Add a label to your Note-Great way to organize. Add a drawing to your Note.  Add checkboxes to your Note-Awesome for checking off your accomplishments!
  10. Click DONE when you're done editing your Note!
So, what else is cook about Google Keep???  You can create audio notes if you are using Keep on your mobile device. When you open a new Note, you will see a microphone that allows for this option. 

Here's an example of what Google Keep looks like on your phone and your computer.

In another post, we will dive into an awesome way to organize and bring some flavor to your Keep dashboard as well as how this tool can be utilized in the classroom!

Are you using Keep?  Do you have any best practices for this tool? 



No comments:

Post a Comment