Friday, July 21, 2017

#thefridayfour


So, I had a thought!  Fridays are usually reflection days for me on what happened during the week. What went well?  What didn't go so well?  What can I do differently next week?  What can I do better next week?  Who did I affect this week?  Did I make a positive impact on someone or something this week?  You get the picture!  I decided to start what I'm going to call "The Friday 4!"

Every Friday (let's hope), I'm going to make a concerted effort to reflect on 4 things:


  1. What went well this week?
  2. What can I do better next week?
  3. Who or what did I affect in a positive way this week?
  4. What is something I did professionally for myself?
It's my hope that being more focused in my reflection each week, will help me to be more intentional about my goals for the following week.  So....it's week 1 and here goes!

What went well this week?
This week, in general, was just a REALLY productive week! It was the first week back with our entire Instructional Technology team.  We had numerous trainings and planning sessions that went really well!

What can I do better next week?
Next week, I am going to be sure to create a complete brain dump at the end of each day!  Although this week was super productive, I've had a feeling of "loose ends" all week.  I need to make the effort to get everything out of my brain and on to paper (or a computer!) so I know that I've dotted every i and crossed every t!

Who or what did I affect in a positive way this week?
New Teacher Orientation was today and I positively impacted 145 new teachers to my school district! I was able to trouble shoot issues of not being able to log into their email or their Google Classroom and although these issues were small to me, I know it's going to make a world of difference to them! They are eager to get started as new teachers to our district and begin getting their plans together!

What is something I did professionally for myself?
I purchased a few inspirational books to read, as if I don't have enough "books to read" on my bookshelf! I also blogged and spent some time analyzing analytics of my website! It's amazing to see the number grow every week as well as to see where in the world people are located that are reading what I've got to say!

So....what about you?  What are your #thefridayfour?  As you close out this week and prepare to celebrate the weekend, take a moment to reflect.  Take some time to get in the right mind to close out this week and get ready for the upcoming week!




1 comment: